Applying for a German Job Seekers Visa - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 11th November 2019, 06:56 PM

ALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond reputeALKB has a reputation beyond repute
294 likes received
155 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from germany. Users Flag! Expat in germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYosen View Post
Hello! I am in Germany with my girlfriend on the standard US tourist visa and would like to convert it into the German Job Seekers Visa. In terms of requirements, which documents, and the application process seem clear to me except for two of the requirements:

- proof of accommodation

- proof of income

My girlfriend has been and plans to continue supplying me with housing, food, clothing, etc. Basic needs.

Given that context, I have seen some places online say an Meldebesheinigung is needed as proof of accomodation. If I am staying under the grace of my girlfriend, is this still required? Or would a letter of her claiming support suffice?

In terms of proof of income, I have had trouble determining how much constitutes enough. The only number I could find was 720 per month (Job Seekers Visa = 6 months = 4320). Does this amount change given the support of my girlfriend?

Thank you in advance for any helpful information!
I think we had an Australian member who applied for his jobseeker visa in-country, so that should be okay.

For accommodation, you do need the Meldebescheinigung.

For finances, you can either provide your bank statements that show sufficient funds, or your girlfriend could guarantee for you. Provided she has enough income, she can provide you with a Verpflichtungserklärung. I don't know where you are in Germany and processes differ from state to state, municipality to municipality. In Berlin, she'd need to go to a special branch of the police, show proof of her income, show her ID and then sign an officially registered document that makes her liable for any expenses you may incur - cost of living, medical, even deportation. It's usually valid for up to 5 years, so be sure she knows what she is signing!

Have a look here:

https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/326540/en/

I have disabled my DM function. I have been unwell and can't guarantee to be able to respond in a timely manner. Please post questions to the forums.