NIE address change - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2019, 01:32 PM

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
2227 likes received
1026 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overandout View Post
Normally I would agree that there is really not much to gain by updating the address on your green certificate, but it is a legal requirement to do so.

More importantly is that when Brexit finally happens, the Spanish authorities will almost certainly try to contact you at the address where you are registered (Extranjería hold the address on your green cert as your contact address), so you could find that the communications might be missed if you are not collecting the mail from your old address, I changed mine recently for this reason.
Which just goes to show how crass the system is here in Spain!

We have to put our domicile address on the green certificate/card yet, as we live in the campo, we can NOT receive any mail there. We have a separate mail address which the authorities refuse to use on anything official!

As a consequence, we are continually having mail sent to us in the campo which we never receive - only found this out by asking where certain things were as a result of embargos etc.