ACS Skills assessment - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 10:55 PM

Kirninder is on a distinguished road

Default ACS Skills assessment

Hi All,

I have a question regarding re-applying for ACS Skills assessment.

I have a non-related Bachelor degree (Chemical Engineering). I have total work experience of 4 years and 10 months from Oct 2012 - Sep 2017 as a Computer Network and Systems Engineer. I have done Masters in Information Technology from Oct 2017 - July 2019. I applied for ACS skills assessment and they gave me the skill level met date as 11 July 2019 and mentioned that any experience after this date can be counted towards claiming points. In short, all my experience is gone in waste and it is not helping me in any way.
I am currently working in Melbourne in the same role. I was thinking to apply for 186 Visa but I need 3 years of experience for Direct Entry 186 ENS. I was expecting that ACS will deduct 2 years of my experience and I will be left with 2 years and 10 months which I can utilize for 186 experience requirement. But it did not happen and according to them I dont have any relevant experience before 11 July 2019. So, my question is, if re-apply for skills assessment without Master's degree, will I get a different outcome? What are the other options for me to make my overseas experience as relevant experience?

Thanks in advance!