Strange goings-on with the electrics - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2019, 02:35 PM

Location: Castillo de Locubín in the Sierra Sur de Jaén, Spain
baldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond repute
9624 likes received
15750 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcalaina View Post
Thanks for this. I've attached a photo showing the one that trips (top row second from left). There is also a much bigger switch above the box (second photo) which usually trips at the same time but not always. I assume that's the mains breaker?

There's no way anyone could be stealing it deliberately, I know all our neighbours! But the fact that the trips occur just after the street-lights are scheduled to come on seems like a strange coincidence. The whole street-wiring here is pretty ramshackle, with cables strung across streets and alleyways, and the street-lights themselves break down from one day to the next.
The top row second left is the earth leakage circuit breaker. You have a minor earth leakage which needs a competent electrician to test all the circuits. It might just be a bit of damp but it could be a sign of something serious building up.

When we came back from holiday, we found that ours had tripped and all the fridges/freezers had partially defrosted. Since the cleaner had been in to water the plants and she usually hangs her bag on a hook over that c/b, I am assuming, in the absence of any other evidence, that she caught the trip button.