Strange goings-on with the electrics - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2019, 11:08 AM

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
5802 likes received
6685 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcalaina View Post
For about a week now, our electricity supply has been tripping twice a day - once at 8.45 p.m. or thereabouts, and once between 4.30 and 5.30 a.m. (damned inconvenient). We have a potencia of 4.6 and have never had any problems before: air-con, oven etc all on and it's fine. When these trips occur, the only things running are the fridge and a light or two.

The electricity company is sending someone round but they insist it can't be anything outside the house, and we'll have to pay. I have a sneaky idea it's got something to do with the street lighting, but they say that's impossible.

Do any of you clever people have any ideas?
Can't comment on the timing but those trips 'wear' I believe - become more sensitive over time. Could be that.

It happened to us a fair bit when it rained and the local electric shop sent a man around who spent at least an hour identifying the problem - a damp junction box somewhere in the house - and fixing it.

That cost 30 Euros - so worth it.