Visit to SUMA - View Single Post
Thread: Visit to SUMA
View Single Post
Old 6th September 2019, 12:39 PM

Location: Near Madrid. Frequent visitor to Bilbao, love Asturias and Burgos
Pesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond repute
9437 likes received
9244 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Simon View Post

It seems odd that some departments are a bit iffy with Brits. We have paid a bundle of tax since we arrived 7 months ago, €30,000 house purchase tax, tax on a new car, Land registry, heaps and heaps of IVA, the UK feds will be bunging Spain nearly €10k for our healthcare which so far has been two visits for ear infections. Maybe we are all tarred with the Brexitting, balcony jumping off, police fighting Brits we all know and hate?

I will be bunging SUMA a big fat 5 star review - no I won't cos I don't know how!
Hmmm, I wonder if some departments are iffy with Brits or are iffy with all foreigners who don't speak Spanish very well, or possibly are not very helpful with the Spanish either, I mean how are we to know?
Anyway, glad you've had a good experience to add to the bad ones. I've certainly seen a great difference in public offices in the last few years. When I came in the late eighties tax offices, social security, police offices were all pretty dingy, using office equipment that hadn't changed since the 1950's and the staff were as unhappy as their working conditions. Then came Computers, but without the necessary training. At last it seems that the offices have got brighter and more user friendly, training has been given and staff are friendlier and more knowledgeable.
Fingers crossed that civil servants continue to get the equipment and training needed, although I still see frighteningly high stacks of paper in court room offices