489 visa applicants pool - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th August 2019, 02:21 PM

jsyy is on a distinguished road
2 likes given

Dear All / Nt_hopeful,

I have a situation where I am not sure about. I am planning to apply for Visa 489 under Invited pathway where my elder brother could sponsor me. Prior to this application, I had taken up Quantity Surveyor Degree as stated in the Skilled List and to complete it in another 9 months. All the while I was working in the same field for 11 years doing the same job scope.

However, to my discovery which AIQS the body that required to assessing stated ''Overseas applicants must demonstrate a minimum two years full-time experience in quantity surveying since achieving their approved qualification (minimum equivalent to AQF Level 7).''

AIQS stated where I must demonstrate all the necessary to prove my working experience is solid and getting all necessary documents ready and complete via their checklist which I believe is achievable. My current issue is on the ''minimum two years full-time experience in quantity surveying since achieving their approved qualification (minimum equivalent to AQF Level 7).'' which drove me to a grey spot.

Hence, if I wish to apply to migrate to Australia as a Quantity Surveyor under the General Skilled Migration Program, I will need to have my skills assessed by the AIQS prior to submitting my Expression of Interest (EOI). The AIQS will assess my skills and/or qualifications as either “suitable” or “not suitable” for my nominated occupation against the AIQS requirements it has established.

The grey spot has put me in a situation where I am not sure to deem ''suitable or ''not suitable''.

Can any1 here share their piece of advice, please?

Thank you.

Regards.