Can a student's dependent apply for a PR while working in Australia - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 25th August 2019, 11:16 PM
DashBoard DashBoard is offline
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 0
DashBoard is on a distinguished road
9 likes received
14 likes given


1. Yes, a dependent or even a student can lodge an EOI, apply for PR

2. Depends on the Students course, if it's a bachelor or below dependent can work only up to 40 hours per fortnight. If its Masters then dependent can work full time once the studies commenced.

It could be hard to find permanent fulltime opportunities for a dependent even they have full-time work rights just due to the nature of their visa, most of the employers are not aware of dependent work conditions so they would reject applications as soon as they see the 'Student' visa. But if you can convince the employer, then it could be your lucky day good luck!
Reply With Quote