Relocating to Puglia - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2019, 06:52 PM

jeniel07 is on a distinguished road
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine M. View Post
This is a wonderful idea, its not that expensive in Puglia, you need really no heating in winter and no air conditioning insummer with a little wise thinking about getting some drafts during the nght from keeping windows and doors open for free air flow. We thought the Puglians were extremely helpful, friendly, and honest! Veg at the markets dirt cheap, fruit falls off the trees in mandarin oranges and the fresh caught fish is a song for what you pay in France or even Portugal. If we were younger its what we would have done. The costs and work to repair, renovate houses is not that expensive considering that you really have something, stone structure and tile work everywhere, when you are finished, something to hand on to your children! Workers are looking for honest work and very willing to do the jobs for you, happy to have the steady income foreigners bring to them. Plus that a whole new language and a nice laid back happy culture surrounding you. All the best for you and your place in sunny south Puglia. We lived near Lecce and traveled extensivey in the Sale area. Ostuni is very beautiful, nice choice!
Could you tell me a thing or two about purchasing land in Puglia area? It sounds like I am looking for what a lot of other foreigners are looking for. Inexpensive land, small home, olive/fruit orchards, and simple living.
Reading about this endeavor I am advised to take great caution in buying a home in the country-side. Do you know any quality people that could help me look for real estate that are trust-worthy and fair?