Driving Licences - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019, 07:31 PM

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
656 likes received
288 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainendeavour View Post
Congrats! My bus driver instructor told me that the bus driving test [UK] is the hardest test for 'a driver not wearing uniform - poilce/military etc]
May have been a good few years back (London Transport days) but the standards have dropped way down now, spend anytime driving around London now and you will see for yourself.
Remember watching a fly on the wall program a few years back that followed a group of (i think) mainly women going through the recruitment / training scheme to become bus drivers and no matter how bad a few were they all passed.
Military ?, well I used to go in for the Lorry Driver of the year comp a good few years back & it is just like an extended HGV test.
One section is manoeuvring / reversing in a very big test area & the military drivers were the worst there every year which surprised me as I thought they would spend a lot of time training beforehand unlike most of the commercial drivers.