Residency Option - Skilled Migrant or Work to Resident - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2019, 08:04 PM

escapedtonz will become famous soon enoughescapedtonz will become famous soon enough
829 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN8 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in process of getting a job offer in NZ. This job will be on a Work to residence visa (Accredited Employer). I understand that with this visa, I will be able to obtain an NZ PR after 2 years if I remain employed with same employer.

My questions are:

1. Holding this work to residence visa - Can I apply for my PR independently, using point system? as I don't want to wait for 2 years for PR mainly due to uncertainty which future brings.
2. Having work to residence visa should add 50 points to my independent PR application, and I have better chance for getting a PR. Is this correct?
3. How long does it take to get independent PR approved?

I am very new to the NZ immigration system. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks
1. The intention of this visa is to allow you 2 years to sample living and working in NZ and then if you like NZ it offers you a pathway to Residency (NOT PR - you can only get PR after holding a permanent class visa for min 2 years).
Yes you can apply for SMRV as soon as you are in NZ. You can use the job offer points towards the application.

2. Yes.

3. Several moths to a year.
EOI submitted Jan 2010. ITA Jan 2010. ITA submitted Apr 2010. RV approved June 2011. Passports stickered and back to us Aug 2011. Secured job Dec 2011. Arrived Mar 2012. PRV Mar 2014......now eligible for citizenship but at $1175 Yeah but Nah!!!