Termites and ants. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2019, 03:34 AM

bigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to beholdbigpearl is a splendid one to behold
1151 likes received
1321 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.A. View Post
Art you'd be amazed at the cost difference it's going to be a little more but it'll last, because the maximum a wooden beamed roof can with stand termites is (termites fly here ) about 10 years. So finding a good work crew is also important, it's almost worth it to do sections of the house then to add the wood again and another huge factor would be to try this during the dry season.
Not all is the same Mark, location, location, ocean or inland etc; while we have timber within our roof structure the termites don't go near it and it doesn't rust. Structurally sound, have done some research on timbers that termites won't touch here in PH and none of the names ring a bell, nada, again my bad/ignorance for not listening and still looking, perhaps I should consult the architect/engineer that we sacked? Doubtful and then some that he would bother talking to us as we departed on bad terms. His loss.
As said I am a steel lover and though a little more expensive has to be for the right application. Living on the beach not only brings rust and destruction to our car, motorbikes and the tools and equipment here, to steel members also means cleaning windows of salt laden air every week, and perhaps my mention of this on another thread with regards to mould that we don't have but other problems.
Horses for courses, hope I spelt that correctly. Depending on where you live/environment definitely dictates the materials used in construction or renovations.
For us it has to be the right timber, others win with steel structures.

Cheers, Steve.