Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

cats - how do you

9K views 63 replies 23 participants last post by  bigpearl 
#1 ·
How do you get rid of cats from your garden?
I love to work in the yard, but it stinks a lot in the morning.
I wash the car port with detergent but with the rains this does not seem to work anymore.
I see them being fed or feeding in garbage in the neighborhood.
I hose them away, but they seem to come in the evenings.
I hate the smell, I'm ready to kill them.

#58 ·
Roosters we rarely hear, barking dogs never hear but there are plenty about, the goats we hear and chase them off the property, no fences on 2 sides and they mostly come in from the beach especially now with no rain for so long. (no feed).
I think from memory we are in close proximity, I hear covid-19 cases as close as San Juan, this site has not updated yet:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.doh.gov.ph/2019-nCov

The Chooks will be safe because of the eggs.

Stay safe to all.

Cheers, Steve.

#60 ·
I rarely see any dogs on the road, always on the beach, sometimes 3 to 4 lurking but they never bark and go about their business and never come onto the property. Goats? Plenty to annoy us as they eat everything, cats from next door are a pain in the proverbial but they get the msg from this grumpy old so and so.

Cheers, Steve.

#64 ·
Ahh the goats, we used to have 15 to 20 terrorising our trees and shrubs and we got sick of chasing them off. Ben went and asked the owner of the goats, some 600metres away to please control them as they are stripping our vegetation,,,,,,,, nothing happened, he asked the owner again and still nothing.
He went to the Barangay captain who advised Ben that if he could catch them there would be a fine to the owner for wandering stock,,,,,,,, Ben went to the owner yet again and mentioned what the captain said,,,,,,,,,, we never saw the goats again. Recently we have had 3 new goats appear, unsure who owns them but 3 are easier to deal with than 20 and do less damage.

Cheers, Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.