Gem. I should have added: Do not expect banking rules, fees etc to be the same as say in U.K.
You need to ask what charges will be applied to your account. Some charge to deposit and/or withdraw funds from the account and even just to maintain it even if there are no movements.
It’s best to make a list of all services which you may need and ask what the charges are. And shop around there are big differences.
An example. With Sol Bank I was charged £800 to transfer a sterling savings account to another bank. Knowing there was likely to be a problem I tried to negotiate. They refused and charged the full 0.5% on the whole sum!!!
As I said, and later confirmed in another subsequent post, you will need to register
This may help:
TO MAKE AN m WITH THE POLICE FOR NIE, E.U. Citizen registration, etc.
As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form
.• GO TO https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/
• PROVINCES AVAILABLE: CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying
• SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE: OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION REQUIRED
e.g. “policía certificado de residente o no residente” (that includes NIE application)
• ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number
• CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT: The one that covers the area where you are living - staying
• CHOOSE APPOINTMENT, AND THEN CONFIRM
• You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT, And take it with you to the police station
You can find info here in english about completing the EX15 which is similar to an EX 18