What keeps you in (or coming back to) Mexico? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 11:57 AM

ojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond reputeojosazules11 has a reputation beyond repute
1224 likes received
1146 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in mexico.

Best post ever!!! Thanks, Turtle. You hit it on the head with so many of your observations. “If you have a comal, you, too, can have a business.” So true!

It reminds me of a couple of phrases in Spanish that I can never quite fully express in English:

“Se la ingenia” referring to someone figuring out a way to do something even if they don’t have the right circumstances, tools, resources. Kind of like MacGyver (people often call my husband a “Mexican MacGyver” because he’s a master at “ingeniárselas”.)

“Échale ganas” Kind of like doing your best, with enthusiasm, hard work, putting your best foot forward.

Last edited by ojosazules11; 13th July 2019 at 12:01 PM.