Confused on Freedom of Mobility within the EU - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 01:59 PM

kaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond reputekaju has a reputation beyond repute
1779 likes received
766 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in austria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltimegreat1 View Post
No specific plans at present, but I would certainly like to have that option in place in case I do decide to move.
I hold Australian and UK passports, but don't know what will happen with Brexit.

Still here in Perth, but our house is on the market since two weeks ago (avg selling time is about 2-3 months where I live) and we expect to be back in Germany for a few weeks, very likely sometime between September and Christmas.

We'll move to Austria for 12-18 months and then we'll go back to Germany permanently.

I can't ever take up German Citizenship (would lose the Australian one, and my government service pension income would then be taxable in Germany, and it's not taxable by Australia as long as I stay an Australian citizen, or by Germany, due to the dual taxation agreement between them).

So unless the UK stays in the EU, I'll have to go through the residence permit stuff, although being retired and with a German wife (kids have German, UK and Aussie passports, born in Australia) it should be fairly simple.

Last edited by kaju; 11th July 2019 at 02:03 PM.