why do you have to pay for it?
cloud mendud ejayen diba
cloud wen that adda man
ammuk usarem tu man ejayen
Just add that it gets worse
haan ta kayat ko makita
adda ya kunak manen
just click on agpicture

Either I had some typos, there were lots in the text messages or they are using a lot of slang that does not translate. (Perhaps not using Tagalog but some very similar language that is not in translate.)

With the video chats that are having and the emojis they are using I'd agree that she is cheating.

Best to get out quickly while you can.

PM me if you want, I have lots of gf experience here in the Philippines and can give you some off line advice.

#7 ·
Sorry, I asked my GF to check it out but, it’s not her language.
If I saw “My Loves” on her phone, that’d be enough for me to send her packing.

Good luck, as was said above already, plenty of others here to choose from.
I know that that probably doesn’t help much especially if you have substantial time and feelings invested with her. Sadly, I hear more unsuccessful stories here then successful ones. :(

#9 · (Edited)
I don't feel that anyone can change your mind on this girlfriend and if it turns out she's the one then make sure that she hasn't been married prior or has kids.

It's gonna be stressful and expensive way to live here on a tourist Visa because there's no divorce or the cost for an annulment could break your nest egg so in that case, you won't be able to live here on a permanent resident visa 13a you might qualify for an SRRV and use a condominium as your investment but don't buy a house with somebody you can't marry that would be your second biggest mistake.

#11 ·
I know a lot on this site are married to a filipino lady and are very happy. I don't knock it, but I have found most of the younger filipino girls are only looking for money or a better life. If you don't give it to them they will move on. Most do not love the foreign guy. It is how much money he can give her.

So remember to tread lightly when it comes to giving out your money. I have been scammed 3 times and yes I agree with you I am dumb. hahahaha

art

#12 ·
.... I don't knock it, but I have found most of the younger filipino girls are only looking for money or a better life. .....
In all relationships there is a requirement that you feel that what you get is worth what you give. For example we, for the most part, have never met each other and never will but we still provide information and receive it.

We feel that the value of the information received, or entertainment value of participating here is worth the time that we spend here.

Same in a romantic relationship, is what you get worth what you give, I see nothing wrong with counting material items into the equations as well as emotional and physical items.

The majority of us came from highly privileged backgrounds compared to the lives of some women in this country. Lots of highly intelligent people are forced to accept less than 20k peso a month for professional work. Why else does 10% of the population become OFW's? If they are willing to accept the material and emigration potential of the relationship as something that satisfies them, then I truly see nothing wrong with that.

Ever look at some dating sites back home? Not uncommon for a woman to post her expectations in material ways that would shame even the most straightforward pina.

A pina on a dating site may say that she wants someone to take care of her, a western woman will say she wants an above average income professional man, who will buy her a house and ....

On the other hand I met a pina who on second date wanted:

60,000 p a month allowance
A house for her and her teenage son and his pregnant gf.
Pay all the gf's medical bills.
Pay for PhilHealth for all of them.
Buy all new furniture.
Take over her car payment
Pay for her, the son's and the gf's educational bills, take care of enrolling the kid in a international school when he was old enough.

No word on if I would be able to live in the house, needless to say she was going to quit her job as a Grab driver once I started supporting her.

Wonder what ever happened to her after I left the restaurant?

#28 ·
As the famous Forrest Gump line says " Life is like a box of Chocolates you never know what you will get ! "
IM one of the lucky guys ! Met my Filipina Priness online in 2001 married in 2002 !
She was a Government employee in a good job, had her own home and she gave it all up to marry me and live in the UK until we retired to the Philippines in 2011. I wasent rich lived in a rented flat , i had a good job with a vending company.my wife joined me in the UK in 2002 where she quickly got a job as a Hospital Receptionist and actually was earning more a month than i was ! We sent money to the Philippines on a regular basis for her mother and her sick brother and we also sent money to put 2 nephews through college.
My wife was the 3rd Filipino i met online and not once did she ask me for money !
She is my Princess and we love each other very much !
We have no secrets from each other my money is our money and so is her money our money !
We have built a nice home , we have a newish car .
Online dating is ok if you use your common sense, not all young Filipinas are only after money !
And it works both ways there is a English guy who comes here twice a year to be with his wife and young daughter
Then goes back to the UK ! He is retired and has never taken his wife to the UK nor is he going to !
Even when he is here he only sleeps in the home during the day he goes off on his motorbike till the evening.
I met him once only.
I found true love

#31 ·
Online dating sites are open to ones interpretations of a compatriots data, info supplied. I was on dating sites for many years and was specific in what I was looking for, wants/needs and philosophies. Constantly bombarded from fools only looking for a quick fix and failing to read the profile. Monogamous relationship, not into one night stands, serious only.
Yes I met my better half on a dating site after dozens even hundreds of stupid contacts. Someone (my better half) that took the time to read my profile and visa vera. That was 8 years ago, 7 years now married and very thankful for the "online dating sites". They like the local dances have their purpose.

Cheers, Steve.

#36 ·
hey bigpearl

I am glad you found your mate on the online dating site. I have been with those sites for along time now and haven't met one girl on there that was honest and sincere. Everyone were only looking for how much money I would send her and the family. If i didn't send her money then never heard from that girl again. I am amazed how the Filipino culture is programed into the people to ask for money all the time from strangers. We don't do that in the states.

Can anybody explained to me how they are raised to do this? I make contact and the first thing the girl ask me is for money. WOW!

art

#43 ·
Art I hear your anguish as I too have been there, plenty of others I am sure. When I first fell in love with the Philippines and the people and decided to search for a partner I set up a profile on 2 sites, within a month I got rid of one of those sites and persisted with only one, I met a few failures but eventually success after a year. In my time on that site I constantly revised my profile to try to weed out the users and losers to hopefully find a genuine person interested in similar things, monogamy, family values etc. Not an easy ask but I found your 1%, my 1% and it was worth the effort. Hang in there, change your profile and be honest, change the sites, add/delete. Your turn will come art. Good luck mate.

As for the "ask"? that's easy, say no when it is beyond your belief/realm/pride or capabilities . I do it all the time every day even in Oz.

Cheers, Steve.

#37 ·
The Philippines is predominantly an Ask culture: they feel they can ask for anything and if the answer is No, no big deal.
The US is predominantly a Guess culture. We dont ask for things unless we've felt out the other person and are pretty sure we're going to get a Yes.

Problems happen when an Ask person starts asking things of a Guess person. The Guess person thinks the Asker is being presumptuous by asking for things and the Asker doesnt think its a big deal because everyone else in their culture is an Asker as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/05/askers-vs-guessers/340891/

#38 · (Edited)
I guess it's a bit like the Nigerian scammers.
They send out millions of emails in the hope of just hooking 1 or 2 suckers.

If the locals learn they can hook a few guys that will each bank roll them for a while, then its a better job chatting up strangers than working 6 days per week for peanuts.

On the other hand, I guess there's a lot of foreigners just looking for "part time" partners.

So the genuine people looking for a permanent relationship have to weed through the trash to find a diamond.

#42 ·
Well said Tiz and agree with greenstreak that there certainly are plenty of scammers, opportunists and blatant crooks but I also found those that were somewhat naive, unworldly and really had no idea what they were looking for/wanted, stay away from those types as well, they make it up as they go/change like the wind.
Vetting souls on internet dating sites is similar to government bureaucracy and then some. No matter the country.
Finding the one makes it all worth the heartache and frustrations in the end. 8 years on and the love simply grows and blossoms everyday, I like others did the hard yards to find the flower/diamond and have not looked back.

Slowly slowly we learn.

Cheers Steve.

#41 ·
I short circuited the money requests by offering money for something frivolous, a dress, a massage, shoes etc, instead of the request from them for food, medical, rent etc ... if they accepted I dropped them immediately.

There comes a point where pride outweighs gain, if you find someone where this is true, you have found a keeper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.