Do not move to Norway, if you have kids or plan to have them - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Bevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond repute
9648 likes received
1287 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.

I don't think you've mentioned where you're coming from - in terms of culture, language, etc. - but I think you'll find that there can be some huge differences in the culture of child rearing and parental responsibilities from one country to the next.

In some countries and cultures, the child's parents are the final arbiters of what the child will or won't do, what they will or won't be taught and in general how they will be treated (both within and outside the family). I know where I am in France, it can come as something of a shock to US expats when they discover that the State considers that they are the ones who control all these things during the time that the children are in school. Parents have the non-school hours to influence their offspring.