Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Need help! UK PR application EEA National

897 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Liss29 
#1 ·
Hi,

My husband (European National) is going to apply for PR after 5 years living in the UK. However, during almost 1 year, he was self-employed, doing several activities while he was job seeking and more of the income he received was in the form of cash in hand. In my opinion, this makes the process a bit complicated. What would be the best way to make the case when applying for Permanent Residence?

And another question, my EEA family permit is expiring in July 2019, should my husband include me when applying for PR now or wait 28 days before my visa expires (which is next month) or should he do it first just him (now)?

Thanks

Lis

#3 ·
In July, I will have 5 years with Family Permit. He, my husband, is doing the process, because for me is a requirement that he has PR. So, I am not sure what would be more advantageous if he applies first (these days) or we do it at the same time (next month)?!

#4 ·
EU nationals and their family will not be asked for proof of work or any financial questions when applying for pre or settled status.
HO suggests your souse and you to apply at the same time as it simplifies things. You have until 30 December 2020 (for now) to apply.

My non EU wife and I have just applied for pre settled status and I was given it but my wife has to go to Cardiff tomorrow to have her fingerprints taken as her passport is not bio-metric.

My daughters have been here for 8 years and also applied for settled status a few weeks ago. All of them were accepted. They require proof that you lived here for 5 full years with no break longer than 6 months of any year. The system will see the dates you worked in the UK and the lease agreement or council tax will be proof that you lived in that home for the periods you did not work.

#5 ·
Thank you so much for taking the time. I really appreciate!

In terms of the route I want to take, the settled status appears to be less advantageous than the current permanent residence.

I have already prepared some of the documentation. Just need help getting some info in order!

#6 ·
The old permanent residence card has been taken over by the new online Settled Status. It is far simpler and can be done on a cellphone in 10 minutes.

Of the 700 000 odd applicants so far, not one has been denied as the HO has said that they will look to give status rather than look to deny status. The older system looked to deny status.

Download "EU Exit ID Document Check" from the Google Play Store and start your application. You need not complete it and can change or add documents as you go along. You can stop and carry on the next day. JUST DO IT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.