acr-i card after 59 days - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019, 10:25 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2099 likes received
6575 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Visa Requirements are Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereco View Post
We cannot get married without my partner going through the lengthy and expensive 'annulment' process.

As for the SRRV process, I went through the criminal records check and validation process in the UK (quite time consuming and expensive) before we bought a lot and had a house built in Pampanga, at a cost of over PHP 5 million.

On the advice of our attorney in Manila, we bought the lot in my Filipina partner's name first and the house in my name later. We then set up a lease from her to me, for the land, which we had notorized.

The PRA office in Angeles City then told me that in order to get the SRRV $10,000 deposit back, I would need to rent the house from my partner for the equivalent of $50,000 over 25 years in order to qualify and would also need to give the PRA a legal charge over the property. I am not willing to do that.

This is not my interpretation of the rules. I intend visiting the PRA Head Office in Manila at some point to get this clarified by them.
Sorry Cereco to hear your woes and I know for sure many other expats in the same boat, I have heard recently that the Philippines is working on not only bringing back the Death Penalty but also Divorce they had a good change around with some of the stalwarts holding up these bills this recent election I hope things work out for you and your partner.

Always be vigilant.