acr-i card after 59 days - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:30 PM

bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
669 likes received
738 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereco View Post
We cannot get married without my partner going through the lengthy and expensive 'annulment' process.

As for the SRRV process, I went through the criminal records check and validation process in the UK (quite time consuming and expensive) before we bought a lot and had a house built in Pampanga, at a cost of over PHP 5 million.

On the advice of our attorney in Manila, we bought the lot in my Filipina partner's name first and the house in my name later. We then set up a lease from her to me, for the land, which we had notorized.

The PRA office in Angeles City then told me that in order to get the SRRV $10,000 deposit back, I would need to rent the house from my partner for the equivalent of $50,000 over 25 years in order to qualify and would also need to give the PRA a legal charge over the property. I am not willing to do that.

This is not my interpretation of the rules. I intend visiting the PRA Head Office in Manila at some point to get this clarified by them.
cereco, this is exactly what I found with the PRA, difficult, time consuming and of course more costs.

Cheers, Steve.