acr-i card after 59 days - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:58 AM
cereco cereco is offline
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philippines and UK
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
cereco is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
5 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

We cannot get married without my partner going through the lengthy and expensive 'annulment' process.

As for the SRRV process, I went through the criminal records check and validation process in the UK (quite time consuming and expensive) before we bought a lot and had a house built in Pampanga, at a cost of over PHP 5 million.

On the advice of our attorney in Manila, we bought the lot in my Filipina partner's name first and the house in my name later. We then set up a lease from her to me, for the land, which we had notorized.

The PRA office in Angeles City then told me that in order to get the SRRV $10,000 deposit back, I would need to rent the house from my partner for the equivalent of $50,000 over 25 years in order to qualify and would also need to give the PRA a legal charge over the property. I am not willing to do that.

This is not my interpretation of the rules. I intend visiting the PRA Head Office in Manila at some point to get this clarified by them.

Last edited by cereco; 22nd May 2019 at 11:07 AM.
Reply With Quote