Rough Idle? Clean Mass Air Flow Sensor - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 07:40 AM

bigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to allbigpearl is a name known to all
669 likes received
739 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from australia. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Joe View Post
SUV had a rough idle. Spent high dealer fees twice trying to diagnose it.

Researching, I found videos on you tube concerning Check/clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAFS). (I never heard of one)

So I check mine, although I change the Air filter every 6 months, The sensors on the MAFS was covered in a thick layer of dirt. Dealer never mentioned let's clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor and see if that works. (supposed to be cleaned every air filter change).

Search on you tube - how to clean a Mass Air Flow Sensor. Use only MAFS Cleaner and don't spray the electric contacts, spray only the sensors and described in the videos.

I used CRC from Lazada. https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/c...P6S05&search=1

No more rough idle problem.
Well done Joe, google and youtube are my best friends,,,,,,,, fixed tvs and other bits with youtube vids. Just wish there were trade directories on google for my area in Bacnotan. Very difficult to find tradies, local knowledge seems to be the go.
We have secured a surveyor through an auntie up the road, turns out he did the subdivision 9 years ago.

Cheers, Steve.