Spanish expressions - Mexico and other countries - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2019, 11:00 AM

Location: Castillo de Locubín in the Sierra Sur de Jaén, Spain
baldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond reputebaldilocks has a reputation beyond repute
9305 likes received
14855 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojosazules11 View Post
This one didn't seem particularly feral. She just came right in and made herself at home! I have rescued some abandoned feral kittens in Toronto in the past. The mama cat had given birth to her litter in a parked truck at a mechanic shop, and the newborn kittens were moved by someone who didn't understand that this would result in the mother abandoning them. The animal shelter said they didn't take kittens that young. So I brought all 4 of them home. They were so tiny, their eyes were still closed. I had to feed them with a dropper, and rub their tiny bums to get them to go poo. My then-infant son was (finally) sleeping most of the night, and I was getting up every couple of hours to feed these little kittens!

If we weren't already chock-a-block full at our home here in Toronto, both humans and pets, I'd bring this new kitten back with us. I like the fact that she adopted my husband as her human. But the neighbours who have taken her are really nice, so I'm sure she'll be in good hands.
About 18 months ago there was this terrible screaming noise in the street which we traced to the rubbish bin. Inside we found a tied plastic bad and, within, were two puppies. One was already dead, the other was the one screaming. They were only hours old, both had their cords attached and they were still dripping. Needless to say, we rescued the live one but there was nothing to be done for the other one. Then began the period of feeding, first with a dropper, then on the bottle. We already have two rescued dogs and they are getting on a bit now, so there was no way we could keep a boisterous (and loud) puppy. Fortunately some new Brits moved into the village and they have adopted him.