Renew Visitors Visa or Relatives Visa? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 06:54 PM

Jack14 is on a distinguished road
9 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from belize. Users Flag! Expat in southafrica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db29 View Post
Hi, we have been married for 7 years and we have a 4 year old daughter. I will apply for a visitors visa in South Africa. Is that the best choice for me right now? Do I also need to submit a birth certificate for my daughter if applying for the Visitor Visa renewal for myself?

I would like to apply for PR but I know that it maybe cutting it close in terms of my current visa's expiration date. Am I allowed to be in the country while my visitors visa is being processed?

Thank you for the advice. I'm very stressed and just want to make the right decision.
I suggest you apply for a Visitor visa Section 11(6), it is valid for 3 years while relative Visa is valid for only 2 years

With relative visa Application you have to submit proof of your spouse income which must be R8500.00 minimum per Month, Proof of spouse income is not a requirement for Visitor visa 11(6)

With Visitor Visa 11(6) you can request permission to work or conduct own business, that is not possible with relative visa

Your renewal application must be submitted at least 60 days before the current visa expire

You should add your child's birth Certificate to the application, it will add weight to your application, it proves that your relationship is genuine

Processing time for Permanent residence permit is between 8 Month to 24 Months, you must have a legal status in the country at all time

I am also using Visitor Visa 11(6)

Last edited by Jack14; 8th May 2019 at 07:00 PM.