In laws - View Single Post
Thread: In laws
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 05:59 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2107 likes received
6592 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Battling In-laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balikbayan View Post
Hey Greenstreak
First of all, I know a foreigner can not own land here, and the issues with trees are not that they are rare, it's the shade they provide during hot season, and one if the trees is near our house providing shade to our bedroom, and to the bedroom of Lola. Also the trees are not anywhere near the location of the site where he wants to build, he just wants a driveway that's a straight shot to, and I quote " to my house", instead of using the natural path we've been using for years.
Very sad Balikbayan that you have to battle another expat and it sounds like he's either off his rocker or his wife is part of the problem I can't see how his wife would allow him to run his mouth like that and to run a road to your house.

I wish you well and I know what you deal with I've had my own issues so many I can't list except for one and that is the woman seems to enjoy the fighting and they only add fuel to the fire so to speak without making sense of nonsense "Kids". Oh wait.... I'll list one my Internet or DSL line was sliced to ribbons and I just got it repaired today and all because they got angry with my wife for getting after them on a property issue and other things.

For sure the shade is needed here unless the brother-in-law is blessed with money and is willing to run AC 24/7, out of curiosity how old is he? I've saved so much money by planting trees before that the in-laws would cut them down.

Always be vigilant.

Last edited by M.C.A.; 4th May 2019 at 04:44 PM.