Quality of Product Issues - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 10:13 PM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2107 likes received
6591 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Appliance not tested fully

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatuk2016 View Post
My wife wont buy anything electrical unless she sees it working !we recently discovered HMR which sells a lot of used items and new from Australia, a lot of things have battery covers missing,
and radios have antennas missing etc,
We have bought a new coffee grinder and brewer from there and they actually plugged it in and tested it with water !
We also bought a radio cd player and clocks everything tested before we bought it.
Coming from the UK most stores are just showrooms and dont hold any stock and the delivery guys are just that !
Here we have bought tvs,washing machines,kettles,rice cooker etc all tested before we bought them !
With my wife and her sister if it cant be tested we dont buy it !
And good on your wife and sister-in-law I don't blame them. We bought a Hot & Cold unit from a large chained Grocery store not too far from where you live I won't mention the name but the guy only checked the hot water and I thought it was okay only to bring it home and find out the main reason why I bought this appliance was to cool the water and it didn't work and so the next day I returned the product and told the same salesperson that I don't remember him checking the cold water and the return policy for most appliances is only one week so he replaced it immediately and this time both hot and cold were checked I still have this same unit 8 years later but I could have saved myself a 40 minute drive each way if I made sure everything worked fine the first time.

Always be vigilant.