SRRV Visa Questions - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th February 2019, 09:31 PM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
673 likes received
140 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68whiskeymike6 View Post
Yeah, but even the U.S. is like that too these days compared to 20 to 30 years ago when " the customer is always right" was a motto. Then again, employees aren't exactly treated right either. If you want good customer service, Japan is awesome for that. Anyway, I'm cancelling my SRRV application for now and get my deposit back. I keep getting the run around or maybe its my fault (language/communication barrier??) Iwent to Manila a few days ago to authenticate /notarized my police report and I was told they don't authenticate here. Has to be done from the Philippines embassy in your own country(?). I'll try this SRRV thing again when I'm older and maybe I can use my DD214 in the future and deposit less?
Did you use the services of a Marketer? They are paid by the PRA, don't cost you anything and they are a great help in getting everything good to go. I processed all documentation on line, even had my RCMP fingerprint done on line (I was in Haiti at the time). Had the police certificate sent to my daughters and then used an authentication service in Ottawa, 2,000 kms from my home, to have everything authenticated. The cost was about $CDN 500 (USD 400) but all was done prior to leaving Haiti. Would have been about $100 had I been physically present in Ottawa for a week or 10 days.

Sent my marketer copies of everything ans she assured me that all was good. Went to Canada picked up my originals, spent a few days with my kids then flew here.

Had my stamp in my passport in 4 weeks with only 3 trips required. (one to pay fees and get medical and open bank account) the other to officially submit then back to pick up passport with visa and card. About 5 hours total including driving time to medical and bank.