Originally Posted by Alcalaina
I've never known a house that doesn't get winter mould in southern Spain. The answer is to attack any patch of mould with diluted bleach immediately it starts to appear. Moisten it with a sponge and leave it for half an hour to kill the spores before washing it off - never scrape dry mould because that's how the spores spread.
Look for somewhere well ventilated, and install dehumidifiers or extractor fans if necessary. I think the room temperature makes a difference too; since we put a heated towel rail in the bathroom (left on all winter) there hasn't been any mould there.
We don't have mould, at least not now since we dealt with it as described in post 4