Moving To Palawan - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2019, 10:49 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2006 likes received
6381 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Fruit trees and vegetables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
Gary, I hear you.....unfortunately, to some extent this is the way of the world and humanity. I / we see the same in every country all over the world. Not unique to Palawan. I am hoping that, at least in my lifetime there, it won't get too bad and I can enjoy as much of the pristine nature of the island while it lasts. In planning to get land outside of the main PPC area, I should be able to enjoy a little of paradise for quite some time. Going in to town will no doubt get increasingly hectic over the years, but that's the point.....live outside of town, grow most of my own food, try to be somewhat self-sufficient without being totally off the grid, etc. Wish me luck! thanks... J
Good plan Pogi, I do that also to help curb the costs of retirement, I can only plant certain vegetables though because our soil is sandy and near the lake I grow a lot of Gabi (taro root) I didn't care for it at first but it's grown on me it's good in stews and also it can be made into fries and chips, hot peppers seem to grow in the back yard well.

I planted as many fruit trees as I could and finally half of them are starting to bear fruits, I have calamansi, tamarind (San Palo), papaya, guava, chokeberry (bignay), avocado, cocoa, manzanita berries, sugar apple (atis), santol (cotton fruit), starfruit, dragon fruit, Guyabano.

Always be vigilant.