Amazon Shipping - View Single Post
Thread: Amazon Shipping
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2019, 04:36 AM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
808 likes received
155 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebaqshratz View Post
....... I wonder if that is the go-no go criteria. I know that companies need an export lic from the State Dept or DoD (depending on the nature of the item) wonder if that is why some of Amazon can and some of it cannot be sent direct to the PH??? Who knows???
I think that it is more likely that the particular vendor simply does not want the extra hassle that comes with shipping overseas. Extra forms to fill in additional care in packaging etc. They may think that the extra business does not pay the extra costs.

Lots of stuff one vendor will not ship can easily be purchased from another vendor.

Another possible explanation is that the manufacturers want to protect their sales channels. I have had non Amazon vendors explain that they could not ship to a foreign country or even to my re-shipper because that would violate their agreement with their manufacturer. The manufacturer may have set up foreign sales channels that prohibit reselling into foreign markets.

If you look at the lists of prohibited items on shipper web sites it is mostly about stuff prohibited for import, perishable and/or dangerous goods or military goods. High tech alone does not show up on the lists unless it is high tech with a military specific application. I don't think printer heads would qualify. (Most likely made in China anyway lol)