Fun with Banks - View Single Post
Thread: Fun with Banks
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2019, 09:44 PM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
672 likes received
140 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpearl View Post
LMFAO. I/We certainly feel your pain Rick, very different to our home countries......
This is just one example of what is so far my biggest frustration here.

The Philippines has never developed a customer service mentality.

Customers are more than willing to wait in long queues for one of two tellers and then when one teller wants to take a break, the customers just quietly accept that their wait had doubled when with a customer service mentality, the bank would be opening more tellers. Same at grocery stores. It is not uncommon to see more people waiting for one or two cashiers than there are in the rest of the store.

Ask a sales clerk about something and if they don’t know exactly where it is they will say sorry sir, out of stock or we don’t carry that. I have gotten this when the item in question is on the wall right behind them.

No one wants to lose face and admit that they do not know the rules, so they make them up as they go. Since they never want to be criticized by a manager later for not following the rules, they make up more and more restrictive rules.

I could go on but as long as the average Philipino is willing to accept these low standards of customer service, it will continue.