Fun with Banks - View Single Post
Thread: Fun with Banks
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2019, 02:46 AM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
774 likes received
149 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

My account opening was pretty painless. This is the second stupid thing they did. since so it looks like they sucked me in by appearing to be a real bank with rules that they followed and everything worked. They were just delaying the pain.

It took multiple visits, emails, telephone calls and attempts before my health insurer could charge my credit card for my annual premium. The bank put limits on transactions, don't tell you about them and when you ask raise the limit for the wrong transaction type. three times. But first they blame you for entering in the wrong address (I had correct address, the difference was St. and Street) despite the fact that the report on the failed transaction explicitly stated that the transaction was declined due to it being above the normal limit for the type of transaction attempted.

That triggered a fraud alert because the insurance company made multiple attempts to charge my card. Getting the fraud department to understand that this was an authorized transaction was a huge issue.

Next time I'll just email my new buddy the CEO to get it straightened out after the second attempt by the bank.