Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Amazon Shipping

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Rebaqshratz 
#1 ·
Hi, does anyone here have some advice on getting things bought thru Amazon shipped to the Phils in other words how does one go about it. Watched some YouTube videos but not up to date. Heard Amazon worked out something with customs here but not sure. Thanks

#2 ·
Some items can't be shipped her by Amazon or other companies I found that out once when ordering a crock pot so only the lower quality products seem to ship here that was my experience.

Amazon website has a link to Philippines orders or items allowed to ship here just below their name upper left-hand side. And make sure the VAT tax is included it should be or you'll end up forking out 12% of the cost upon delivery.

#11 ·
M.C.A. - I shipped rubber straps without a problem by Amazon just last week but the turned down shipping printer heads for a fancy HP unit (reassigned when I left my law practice lol). The small print was that they, the print heads, would be shipped from another vendor. I wonder if that is the go-no go criteria. I know that companies need an export lic from the State Dept or DoD (depending on the nature of the item) wonder if that is why some of Amazon can and some of it cannot be sent direct to the PH??? Who knows???

#3 · (Edited)
I have ordered several things through Amazon with great success. They include an estimate of customs duties and taxes and are generally spot on. If there is any adjustment it always has been in my favour, I just got about $40 back on several items that I had received.

However not every item is available for delivery to the Philippine.

Every item that I have ordered so far has arrived intact and within a reasonable period from the initial estimate, sometimes even earlier. So far no shipper has used USPS which would mean PhilPost at this end.

I am currently trying one of the freight forwarders myus.com (There are others, just ask Mr Google about them.) You get a delivery address that looks like a street address in Florida, have Amazon or any other vendor ship to them and they repackage and consolidate the order and ship in one package. They do not cover or estimate customs and taxes so you will have to pay that and find out how much at the same time when it arrives.

So far they have been good at identifying all parcels delivered and the web site is very intuitive and informative about the status of my parcels.

One time delivery as arrive is free, to get 30 day storage and consolidation of packages plus a discount on shipping is $7 a month and to get your US mail delivered and forwarded on a set schedule is $33 a month with some forms needed to be authenticated and submitted.

Amazon does not let you pick the delivery courier but I found that DHL is about the best and most reliable. MyUS,com lets you pick courier and level of service. I will be using DHL from them. Shipping by MyUS.com is strictly weight based so that will be a bonus if you want to order something large for its weight.

As a rule of thumb, you can easily spend 50 to 100% over selling price to get the article in hand here.

And watch out for voltage differences. Even though Philippines uses type 1 receptacles and plugs, like the US or Canada, they are 220 v here not 120 v as in North America. I know it is not always an issue with a lot of modern electronics but with some stuff, like kitchen equipment, it may be an issue. (Frequency is different here and that may also impact the usability of items, especially those that have a clock or electric motor in them.)

#4 · (Edited)
I use "US GlobalMail" for everything. If you use a vendor such as FedEx, DHL et al to forward from US Global they go thru the airport where there is another PH government Customs "fee" They charge you for handling and storing and inspecting (usually by Xray) which is an additional time delay where they seem to take extra time which increases the storage fee. I did use UPS to have a Ham Radio antenna sent to me which came directly to me with no apparent stop of at the airport so no "extra" Filipino taxes and fees. I like using US Global as the final packaging vendor because they will give you number of options on who will send it to the Philippines. Many of the non-critical items I will forward using the USPS international service which is tracked but then goes thru the Philippines system. I have befriended the staff at the local post office and they texted me as soon as a package arrives...there is a flat fee for them 112 pesos but I avoid the airport customs game. The fee for the USPS is quite a bit cheaper but does take a week or so longer. I do this quite often with Amazon because I order used books on a regular basis but have US Global do the final international shipping. I might very well be full of you know what but my understanding is that there is no "extra" fee for items under 10K pesos...I have never been charged in that regard and have been shipping for 3 years now on a regular basis. Sorry for the disjointed reply. Oh by the way, you give the estimated value to the shipper for the US customs form...I am alway very conservative rather than chance testing the limit of the tax free allowance...

#6 ·
A lot of the items on Amazon I want will not ship to the Philippines, so I tend to use Lazada. I have looked at other options, like JohnnyAir and MyShoppingBox, that give a US address. You send it to the US address (cheap or free shipping usually), then they charge you to ship it to the PIs. Some combine boxes for you, some give you the option of air or boat shipping.

I have not tried any of them yet, but they look like a good option. Many guys have recommended various services.

#10 ·
i shipped a phone to Cebu thru Amazon. I am in Las Vegas.
Picked out the item paid for it and 5 days later it was delivered to there home.
There was a problem with the phone Amazon e mailed a return label it was returned at no charge and 10 days later they had a replacement item in there hand and everything worked great.
Easy to follow on line where the item was at all time, friendly on the phone and only cared about making me happy with there service and the product.
I would use them again.

#14 ·
Print cartridges sold here in Philippines are not compatible with printers bought from a different region, even if they are the same model as sold here. I suspect that the opposite is true, print cartridges bought outside the Philippines will not be compatible with printers bought here. They are geo locked to a specific region.

#15 ·
This is the explanation from Amazon regarding what does and what does not ship to the Philippines.

Can't Ship to this Address

This may be because:

Dimensional shipping limits - standard shipping to these regions are limited by the overall shipping size which include a maximum length or girth of 108 inches and maximum weight of 70 lbs.
Large and/or oddly shaped items may not be eligible for shipping.
Hazmat - certain hazmat items (including but not limited to lithium batteries) are restricted from shipping to these areas.
Restricted Product - Products offered for sale on Amazon.com must comply with all laws and regulations and with Amazon's policies. For more information see Restricted Products.
Address type - certain address types preclude shipping speeds, due to carrier capabilities.
Amazon may be restricted from shipping to your country due to government import/export requirements.
You are shipping to a U.S. freight forwarder but your order contains items that are restricted from exportation.
Amazon may be restricted from shipping to your country or location due to manufacturer restrictions or warranty issues.
You may have chosen an offer from a seller who doesn't offer international shipping. Try looking for another seller.
You may have chosen an offer from a seller who doesn't offer shipping to your address due to the nature of the product (Perishable, Heavy/Bulky, Hazmat). Try looking for another seller or a similar product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.