ACR I-Card changes? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 09:24 PM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
774 likes received
149 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

I am SRRV and do not have an ACR card. I had no issue opening a bank account or getting a lease.

I did have to explain to Globe that I was ACR card exempt, then to a Globe manager the same thing, to get my internet account approved. Once the manager saw that I was SRRV he OKed the application without having the ACR. This was despite it saying on my SRRV card that I am ACR exempt.

I would guess that a BB visa is similar, just explain 3 or 4 times politely that you are ACR card exempt and do not have one. Then escalate the issue and politely ask for a manager. Explain twice more then go to the bank next door where they might know the rules.

This of course will be easier in a place with lots of expats where they have seen the various types of visas. Just remember bank clerks and managers are not immigration experts and when they see a spot on the form asking for ACR card or other information blindly want that spot filled in.