Skill Assessment for Doctors - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2018, 11:43 PM

shahid15 is on a distinguished road
103 likes received
147 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smhsimple View Post
Hi,

Have anyone got partner points for General Practitioner? Need to know the details and procedure ...

Thanks
Hi,
I tried to get partner points for my wife who is a doctor from India. What I found out was that for doctors, skill assessment means passing AMC level 1 and 2 exams and a full registration in Australia as a GP, unlike for example a software engineer like me where just 2 years of experience+ qualifications in Computer Science would suffice for ACS. That's a pretty long pathway, as far as I understand, and I gave up any hope of getting partner points- Luckily I was invited without those points. She is preparing for her level 1 MCQ exam and level 2 clinical exam, so she can practice here. (The exams are also too costly)
I searched many online resources and threads here (and raising a thread myself but the response was pretty low- I guess there are not many doctors here or have similar experience).
My advice for you would be to see if you can scrape up points from another way instead of having to go the long-duration pathway. Experts here may guide.

ANZSCO- 261312
189 granted