USA Citizen Returning to USA after years Abroad - Insurance?! - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 14th December 2018, 11:19 PM

laneplusfranny is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default USA Citizen Returning to USA after years Abroad - Insurance?!

Hi there, my husband and I are American Citizens who have lived overseas for 10+ years. We are looking to return to the USA for ~9 months with our newborn baby (who also now has USA citizenship). I will be on maternity leave, still as an employee from my company overseas. We are very concerned about the insurance situation, especially having a newborn. The 3 of us will be covered by catastrophic travel medical insurance through my company (I believe, though I need to check that as we are USA citizens we are still eligible for coverage in the USA) but with a newborn who will need to continue immunisation schedules and will need to see a doctor for regular development checkups, we're just not sure what else to register for (if anything)? I've seen insurance like Patriot America for USA citizens returning home for extended stays, or do we need to do ACA coverage? Should we just buy a plan with Kaiser for the 3 of us, or just for the baby?
Has anyone else navigated this? Your thoughts are much appreciated