Job offer query - View Single Post
Thread: Job offer query
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2018, 03:40 AM

XDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond reputeXDoodlebugger has a reputation beyond repute
544 likes received
495 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminK View Post
Hi there,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but Iím a newbie here..

Iím considering a job offer in Dubai for an engineering role. The offer is 30,000 Dirhams per month. I currently live in the uk (British citizen) with my American wife and 4 months old daughter. I wonít have any expenses in the uk once I move to Dubai as Iíll be renting our house covering the mortgage. My questions are:

1. Is the salary offered enough for a small family and will we be able to start saving some money every month? we donít live a lavish lifestyle.

2. Can my (American) wife and British daughter just move to Dubai with me for my job? Or what would be most convenient immigration path for them?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
1. How long is a piece of string? 30k is a decent salary, I have engineers on less but this will be totally "up to you". Count 10k for rent a month at least to live in a nice western expat area, another 1500 for TV/internet/utilities (at least). Car will be 2-3000 (you need one or two?). Then just groceries and going out, education costs are high but not relevant to a 4 month old, but at 4 years you are looking at another 4-6k a month. I would try to get housing and education costs covered + the 30k.

2. You sponsor them on your resident visa, both are eligible for 30 day visa's on arrival and you could do a quick visa run to Oman while you sort the residence visa out.