Turnbull defeats Dutton in Liberal Party Leadership Showdown - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2018, 01:50 AM

PrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nicePrettyIsotonic is just really nice
1152 likes received
198 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from singapore. Users Flag! Expat in australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burette View Post
I think it is too early to pop open the champagne. While Dutton will be gone from DHA, the ruling party will still have to appeal to its core of conservative supporters, so I am sure that nothing will change with immigration numbers. But it should not get worse for now.

Also, this is probably just the start of the end for Turnbull. It's just a matter of time before there will be another leadership challenge. Earliest 2 to 3 months down the road - definitely before the polls. If Dutton gets in then, expect things to get worse then.
There's speculation he might mount a proper challenge as early as Thursday as well - Dutton that is.

Don't forget there's that Section 44 controversy with Dutton too, whether that is something substantial or just a clever smoke screen by Turnbull is left to be seen.

All in well played by Abbott in the background in undermining Turnbull since he was ousted, and earlier still, since their sparring on energy policy when in opposition.

ACWA skills assessment completed 15 Jun 18
ACT nomination lodged 20 Jun 18
ACT nomination 21 Aug 18
190 lodged 21 Aug 18
Added de facto via Form 1436 12 Nov 18
De facto added by CO 14 Nov 18
CO contact de facto medical/functional english 1 Dec 18
Responded to CO 6 Dec 18
CO contact de facto functional english (already provided) 22 Feb 19
Responded to CO 25 Feb 19

Grant 4 Mar 19

Happy to share my experience with ACWA, ACT, SG PCC, Form 1436.