Philippine Senior Discount Card - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 12:29 AM

fmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud of
1309 likes received
988 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

My Asawa has had one since we moved back here in 2014 as she was 65 at that time. It is good for 20% discount plus do not pay VAT so amounts to about 32% off of covered goods & services. She kept insisting that I get one too, but as I read the laws governing the card, I understand a it is only for a ROP Citizen and not for foreigners. As I have recently received my 13A Permanent Resident Status, she kept insisting I get a Senior Card to. We went to the Senior Office in the City Hall building of Iloilo City where she was set straight that the CARD SHALL BE ISSUED ONLY TO ROP CITIZENS. A foreigner trying to use one will result in fraud charges with possible Fines, incarceration, & possible deportation. She does not mention it anymore.

Fred

Last edited by fmartin_gila; 13th May 2018 at 12:34 AM.