Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Did anybody pass the CCL test?

32K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  expat4aus2 
#1 ·
Hi,

Did anybody pass the CCL test in March? It seems most people got 58-60 and passed both units but failed overall as overall mark was less than 63. Seems so many marginal fails. Please share. Thanks!

#3 ·
Hi guys, did your friends receive the results from email or post? I took the test on April 23rd for Vietnamese and also waiting for the result. Called NAATI office and they said there were 1500 people taking the test and it depends on your markers, they will just email the results as they come.

#5 ·
What does marginal fail even mean. You don't get the 5 points , so it's a full fail!

#6 ·
I passed it with 72.5/90 for the March exam. I saw another guy from this forum also passed it.

I guess the trick is to practise the interpretation using mock exam materials and learn the point deduction rules.

cheers,

Reactions: Irene123
#20 ·
Hi experts,
So I had the ccl exam in last october session in Indonesian.
Most of my friends (around 10 people) already got their results last wednesday, but 2 of us haven't received any results.
Anyone have the same experiences like this ?

Im getting paranoid now, that maybe mine is going to third assessor.
I know all i can do is waiting, but still wanna know early what happens. My mind keeps coming back to this every couple hours.

Thanks.

#24 ·
Hi,
I'm asking for my partner and he is going to do the CCL test this february in Indonesian. Just want to ask about your experience and any tips you can give if possible.
We have cleared out all our options and CCL is our last chance as his visa is going to expire soon. I hope that you can reply me.

Thank you

#25 ·
Hi Linh,
the exam itself is straight to the point. You just need to start translate right after the chime.
If you guys live in Australia and comfortable in daily conversation, then it will be fine.
The hardest thing is to stay calm in the exam, because you might need to wait for a long time before your turn, like me.

In my case, I am so nervous that I forget to use my repetition in each dialogue.
Good luck !!

#27 ·
Does anyone know whether translating 'son' to 'daughter' would be considered an automatic fail? In the LOTE the two words are very similar and the speaker had a strong accent.
Based on my experience, fluency (not stuttering) and omission are the 2 major factor in CCL marking. Others are minor and you are allowed to make mistakes and still pass.

#28 ·
Im from India, where can i give NAATI In India.

Plz help with the info

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.