US Citizen Marrying Czech National Whom Works in UK - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 13th March 2018, 01:21 AM
leshok leshok is offline
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
leshok is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uk.
Default US Citizen Marrying Czech National Whom Works in UK

Hi everyone, (was not sure if I should post this in a different spot in the forum)

I have a few questions that I cannot find an exact answer (/would like confirmation on) despite my best googling on various websites and the UK visa website.

I am a US citizen marrying a Czech national whom lives and works in the UK. We plan on marrying in Czech Republic and then have me come over to the UK. She is not a permanent resident. She has been in the UK for about a year and a half. We both got our masters at the same school in London (not sure if relevant). I also worked as an intern in London this past year for 6 months before returning to the US.

So my questions to you are:
>is an EEA permit the best one for me to work and live in London?
>>can I apply from within the UK? The answer I believe is NO.
>>can I apply from the Czech Republic? I do not believe this is a good idea because the process could take up to 6 months.
>does anyone know the typical waiting period to receive the visa and may I stay in the UK and wait for it?
>Is there a way to expedite the EEA process? I am 50/50 on this answer.

Also, I live in Los Angeles if that means anything. Been working professionally for nearly 5 years (half year in London). Bachelors from US/UK and Masters from UK. I hope these few points help my application.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote