UK Gent Engaged To Filipina Lady, Advice Needed Please - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 9th March 2018, 07:17 AM
Simon1983 Simon1983 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pangasinan
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 81
Simon1983 will become famous soon enough
173 likes received
74 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Originally Posted by Gary D View Post
Just to straighten out a couple of facts given incorrectly. Get married in the Philippines or get married in the Uk makes no difference, you can still divorce in the UK. You can try and bring her here on a fience visa but you will need to marry within 3 months so you can't just live together for a couple of year to see how it goes. You would need to go to the Philippines to do that. If you arn't able to meet the visa requirements for a fiance vise you won't be able to meet the spouse visa requirements. I think you need 3-4 trips before you are anything like ready for a commitment.
Apply as a partner or spouse
To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.

Your partner must also either:

be a British citizen
have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence)
have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.

What you’ll need to prove
You must be able to prove one of the following:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving
You also need to prove you:

have a good knowledge of English
can financially support yourself and your dependants
If you don’t meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for a visa or extend your permission to stay if:

you have a child in the UK who is a British citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK
there would be very significant difficulties for you and your partner if you lived together as a couple outside the UK that couldn’t be overcome
it would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave
If you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
You must prove that:

any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended
you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK
You won’t be able to work during your engagement.

How long you can stay
You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.

After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay.
Reply With Quote