What’s in your bug out bag. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2017, 02:20 AM

fmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud offmartin_gila has much to be proud of
1329 likes received
1016 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba View Post
I have never thought through the couple run scenario. Wouldn't it be better to have two run bags, cross carry docs, meds etc so there is something for each in both bags? That way if you get separated from each other or separated from one bag you still have essential items?

A woman's bag would also have to include sanitary pads and or tampons. I actually carry both in my first aid kit because they are so good at absorbing blood and make good field dressings. (Tampons fit in bullet holes and I have heard that they can seal them quite well until you can get to medical attention.)

I doubt that a piston engine aircraft would not have the legs to make it out of the country. It would only get you out if the immediate danger area but often that will be sufficient especially if the issue is local in nature. My pilot licence is old and expired but I am sure I could take off and fly OK. Landings were always a little rough but a good landing is one you can walk away from and a perfect one is where you can reuse the aircraft. A good landing is sufficient, especially with someone else's aircraft.
Good things to consider. I like one bag as I would wind up carrying both anyway. She is now 69 so only needs her meds.

Yes, the pads are the best all around field dressing for larger wounds, they only need to be secured in place with whatever is handy(string, rope, paracord, tape,etc) and the tampons do expand to seal smaller holes one may encounter.

As far as the small plane, that is merely another option to evade or to remove us from immediate threat. Any & all options will have to be considered depending on what is happening at the moment or foreseeable future.

Fred