What’s in your bug out bag. - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2017, 12:51 AM

Manitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud ofManitoba has much to be proud of
922 likes received
170 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from canada. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmartin_gila View Post
Pretty much the same but only meds for her as I don't take any and as Gene mentioned the better half has to be included. ........ All I need to do is get to the airport and if I can't get us on a commercial flight, I am accomplished enough to start & fly any piston engine plane I find to get us gone, and depending on the circumstance, I am not adverse to 'commandeering' whatever I need to accomplish what I need to do. I may be a bit older, but still can be "mean as a junkyard dog" and capable of dredging up my old USMC hand to hand combat training.

Fred
I have never thought through the couple run scenario. Wouldn't it be better to have two run bags, cross carry docs, meds etc so there is something for each in both bags? That way if you get separated from each other or separated from one bag you still have essential items?

A woman's bag would also have to include sanitary pads and or tampons. I actually carry both in my first aid kit because they are so good at absorbing blood and make good field dressings. (Tampons fit in bullet holes and I have heard that they can seal them quite well until you can get to medical attention.)

I doubt that a piston engine aircraft would not have the legs to make it out of the country. It would only get you out if the immediate danger area but often that will be sufficient especially if the issue is local in nature. My pilot licence is old and expired but I am sure I could take off and fly OK. Landings were always a little rough but a good landing is one you can walk away from and a perfect one is where you can reuse the aircraft. A good landing is sufficient, especially with someone else's aircraft.