Learning to ride - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 27th December 2017, 06:03 AM

74Jedi is on a distinguished road
3 likes received
14 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.

Manitoba,

I agree with all the above responses to your inquiry especially driving a Sherman Tank!!

I have rode Motorcycles (not scooters) most of my life all over the USA. I have lived here for about 18 months now and I drive an old rebuilt Toyota Corolla that thru no fault of my own have shared some paint with other cars and trikes usually due to their reckless driving here. With that said, in order to go places I wanted in the PI I was required to grow a huge set of Balls when venturing from Angels City thru Manila, Rizal and other places all over Luzon.

Fortunately or Unfortunately they do not sell many bikes here over 650cc. I have rented a few to get my Motorcycle riding fix. Therefore, Scooters are King in the PI and most of the people driving do NOT seem to have Valid Licenses, Training or Knowledge when it comes to any rules of the road. Good news is, if you dont know anything you will fit right in. Bad News is you will probably end up with some incident sooner or later.

Not sure how riding is out in the Provinces but wherever you go take it slow and keep your eyes and ears on a swivel with your helmet on tight.

Good Luck