Dependents visa rejection under subsequent 500 subclass - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:26 AM

Harnav is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Unhappy Dependents visa rejection under subsequent 500 subclass

Hello everyone,

I recently arrived in July as a student. My visa was granted on 29 May 2017 following which we applied visa for my husband and son under subsequent 500 subclass on 14 June which was refused on 13 July. I was in Dubai for 9 years and came here for higher studies leaving my 4 year old son back in India. My husband is in Dubai and working. He is the sponsor for my studies. The visa was refused with reason that we were unable to prove how the required amount was accumulated in the account, no links of return to India and that if my husband will also come here then who will sponsor my studies. In Dubai, a person will have visa as long as he is employed as it only issues employment visa. I am planning to reapply their visa in September and consulted 3-4 consultants in Melbourne. I was told by one consultant that if the visa for all of us that is me, my husband and son is applied together then we might get visa without issue which I don't think is a good idea as I am already here in Melbourne on student visa. Other consultant said that only my husband and son's visa should be applied. According to consultants only reason for visa refusal is that we were not able to provide the supportive finance document appropriately. They said we should provide minimum 1 year bank statement both of mine and my husband when we reapply + our family's financial assets in India. Guidance on this will be highly appreciated and if someone can recommend best consultant here in Melbourne. My son has been missing us alot and its getting difficult to concentrate on studies.
Thanks