Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2013, 08:13 AM

boris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond reputeboris&L has a reputation beyond repute
28 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbzia786 View Post
All
I was wondering if someone can advise me if there is a way i can get a sample expat contract to work in Dubai.

I posted a few days ago about my offer and I am in the 3rd round of negotiation phase right now. But since this company that I received an offer from, is relocating someone for the first time internationally (Dubai), they have no clue on allowances and other items built within a contract. As such,
1. can you advise me where i can get a sample contract or if i need to PM someone to get some info on a confidential basis?
2. Any information on tax for US expats in Dubai where i can play with some numbers and see what effects my numbers or is there a tax consultant you recommend?

Work Background: US Citizen - Applications Engineer 2005-2012, Branch Sales Manager 2012 - Present in Chicago for a commercial pump company
Offer Received to relocate to Dubai: The offering company is relocating someone internationally for the first time. Position title is International Regional Sales Development Manager. This position is responsible for growing business in the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) and requires upto 50% travel.
Thank you!
Is the company in a free Zone? if so which one?

I am asking because usually company contracts here in the UAE (local contracts) are fairly the same and they all follow the labor law. You could find all the terms applicable in the labor law and regulation website.

Regarding allowances, My advice is to negotiate in a way to put as much allowances as you can in your basic salary, since the end service benefits will be based on your basic excluding allowances.

The relocation part is about additional allowances for relocation (in and outbound ). These costs are pretty straight forward as long as you discuss what you need : number of people to be relocated, container for your belongings if any , etc.

As per local regulation, you will be entitled to at least 1 return ticket to your home country per year. Some companies offer two tickets, but I would always advise to put that money into your basic salary, since the cost of the tickets will be considered as allowance.

Shout if you need more info.