Choosing a location - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2017, 05:58 PM

Williams2 will become famous soon enough
2099 likes received
1769 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC11 View Post
Hello thanks for your reply, very appreciated. I have 2 dogs actually and they are simply 'spoiled rotten' and staying in the car is not an option . One of them could happily go in the kennels but the other would definitely be in a cabin with me which I don't mind the extra cost. I agree the ferry would be the first choice but I have to be realistic that I am not British thus I do not plan my holidays/journeys 6 mths in advance LOL (sorry had to say it - no offence) and with my job I travel so I need to be able to say OK I have no travel for 2 mths so I am heading to spain...so just having a look at ferry options this summer, it doesn't seem like a last minute option as I could not find any ferries with dog cabins available. I probably could have rang them and maybe they would find something but I just want to be able to get up and go. Maybe I should be looking at Devon he he! My heart is set on Spain though so I do appreciate all the input and advice!!!
Speaking personally, I've never ever once booked the Car Ferry 6 months in advance, in fact most times it's
only a little over a month in advance for me but I reside in Spain and the trips back to the UK are for
family reasons.
So these are not really holiday trips either, finally if your susceptible to sea sickness, Stugeron 15 does wonders
for keeping any queasy sick feelings at bay.
I've had no difficulty booking the Car Ferry online ( even during the summer season ) and although perhaps some
of the cabin accommodation might be sold out, I can still get a berth.

Madliz rightly points out that the long car journey through France, can be really tiresome whereas with the Car
Ferry, you arrive refreshed and relaxed at your destination.

Last edited by Williams2; 13th August 2017 at 06:06 PM.