Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2013, 10:01 AM

saraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond repute
802 likes received
1555 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesleahymma View Post
Is this normal in the Dubai job market? I would have really expected to receive this by now and am walking the fine line of being assertive - and being a pain in the ass.
Unfortunately it is pretty common out here. Possible reasons could be:

1. They are just slacking. Happens far too often in practically every aspect of life here.

2. You mentioned 9 different investors, with no clear leadership role defined. The saying 'Too many cooks ...' comes to mind. It is entirely possible that the issue of your employment is still being / yet to be finalized among them all. In my current role, I deal with this situation (multiple partners across business entities, all having pretty much equal say. Rest assured, I know how much of a pain it is to get even the simplest things implemented/approved)

3. They might not be interested any longer. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but entirely possible.

Don't shy away from being assertive or even a pain in the a$$, it's not like you are planning for an expense paid vacation. If you don't hear anything from them in the near-term, might be best to not make any decisions back home (quit your current job etc..) and shelve this idea for a while ....